We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
WHAT? – I’ve decided to deactivate my Facebook Account for the time building and use that time to focus on rebuilding myself. I started 4 days ago.
WHY? – Our 20’s is possibly the most important decade for us to discover ourselves, values, lifestyle and more importantly used to build the foundation for our future. I’m now 22, and I’m still unhappy.
I realized it was because I have all these goals and dreams for myself but I always use time as an excuse or why I haven’t been able to do any of it. I’m tired of saying I don’t have enough time to do this or I wish I had more time to do that. Instead, I’m going to use the time I used to spend browsing Facebook and dedicate it towards these new goals.
I hope while I am able to improve myself, I will always find happiness along the way. I noticed that ever since I gave up on Facebook and started on accomplishing these goals, I’ve been able to find a better peace of mind. This has helped greatly with my focus and concentration level. I feel a lot more productive and because of that I’m slowly becoming happier. It’s only day 3 though. In a way, this also helps with my relationships as well. Now people will have to connect with me through other means, and I’m excited to see who actually treasures our relationship and who won’t even notice that I’ve been gone.
HOW? The top photo shows all the goals I will be giving myself with all this new found freedom. It’s almost a stretch as some of these require much time and dedication on their own. I’m basically running an uphill battle that many expect me to give-up on. But I’ll let you know why they are so important to me and why I won’t give up.
- Soshified – Over the past year, I’ve been a bad founder to the site. I’ve known this and have been very hesitate on getting back on it because of the reactions of others and the dark side I’ve seen from people that don’t support me, but at the end of the day, it’s one of the biggest reason why I was happy at one point. I want to bring it back, with all the stress it entails. Spend more time and effort.
- Learn Guitar – Earlier this year, I fell in love with a Guitarele at a store and bought it right away. Since I’ve gotten it, I haven’t touched it. I’m going to be learning it again and put it to use. Finally!
- More Boarding – I love my penny board, Charlie. The adrenaline rush is one of coolest feelings of the world. It’s like that piece of my childhood, I’ve been missing, so I want to do it more.
- Learn Korean – self explanatory. It’s an amazing country and a great language that I want to be able to learn.
- Exercise Daily – I’m on day 4 and I have so much more energy now compared to my old sluggish self. This is something I’m going to make sure to do daily no matter what. A good shower afterward and I feel like the world is my oyster to conquer.
- Learn Garage Band/Logic/ Pro Tools – I want to try to create my own story through music. It’s something different and something I’ve always been curious about.
- More After Effects – Actually this goal for me to try and finish up some film ideas I had in mind. Finish scripts, work more on post-production and such. Just continue to build my skills and on top of that I think it really opens up my creativity.
JOIN! Join me on this journey as well as update me on yours! I’m still debating on of I should post weekly recaps on my progress with all the goals or just update when I can with each separately. Let me know what sounds more fun to read about!
PS. It’s alarming the amount of time I noticed that I automatically typed in Facebook on phone or in my browser, the first day I gave it up. I didn’t realize how addicted I was until I gave it up. As always thanks for reading!!